National Theatre Collection is a new collection of digital performance resources from Alexander Street Press in collaboration with the UK's National Theatre.
National Theatre Collection provides access to high definition streaming video of world-class productions and unique archival material. The video content currently includes 19 video performances and will expand in 2020 to 30 video performances.
National Theatre Collection features a wide range of works including such performances as:
- Literary adaptations, such as Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein adapted by Nick Dear and directed by Danny Boyle, with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller
- Greek classics such as Medea by Euripides, in a contemporary adaptation by Ben Power, directed by Carrie Cracknell with Helen McCrory in the title role
- Vibrant modern stagings of Shakespeare, such as Twelfth Night, directed by Simon Godwin with Tamsin Greig in the role of Malvolia
- 20th-century classics such as Lorraine Hansberry’s Les Blancs and the Young Vic’s production of Lorca’s Yerma, adapted and directed by Simon Stone with Billie Piper in the title role
- Comedies such as She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith, directed by Jamie Lloyd with a cast including Cush Jumbo and Katherine Kelly
Access to National Theatre Collection is available via the Library Catalogue.