The Library is providing trial access to the Ovid Emcare database until December 13th.
This resource is primarily aimed at professionals involved in Nursing and Allied Health research.
Access the Emcare trial via the Library Database Trials page.
Nursing - Medical & Nursing Education - Critical & Intensive Care - Family Practice, Community & Home Care - Geriatrics & Palliative Care - Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine - Behavioral Science & Psychology - Complementary Medicine - Dermatology & Wound Care - Healthcare Information & Management - Medical & Laboratory Technology - Nutrition & Dietetics - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Oncology & Cancer Care - Pediatrics
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation - Public & Occupational Health - Social Medicine
The database contains the following content and functionality:
- 3,700+ international journals indexed – more than any other nursing database - More scholarly, peer-reviewed and indexed journals than any other nursing database
- 1,800+ titles not available in other leading nursing database
- Nearly 5 million records dating back to 1995
- Up to 250,000 records/citations added each year
- Broadest scope of international content—more than any other nursing database: 50% of journals are from North America, 40% are from Europe; 10% are from Rest of World. 9% of all records are for articles not in English, most have English-language abstracts
- 70% of records have online abstract
- More than 70,000 preferred terms in EMTREE, expanded with nursing and allied health terms. All mapped to MEDLINE’s MeSH.