It's unlikely you will have to make changes, as most machines in NUI Galway run a more recent version of Internet Explorer.
If you do encounter an issue, you can let us know via this form:
Scopus to cease support of Internet Explorer 8 on October 1
Why are we ceasing support of IE8?
We are following Microsoft’s directive to focus our support on newer, officially-supported IE browser versions. Microsoft announced in 2014 it would only support the most recent IE browser version with technical support and security updates. We strongly encourage our customers to also follow Microsoft’s directive by updating to more recent versions of IE or by using other supported browsers.
We will discontinue support a few months ahead of Microsoft’s official deadline of January 2016 in order to get an earlier start on some major projects. By removing IE8 from our support list, we will be able to provide the following future enhancements:
- Remove current IE8 security issues
- Enhance existing security measures across all browsers
- Add support for new browser technologies
- Add responsive design to aid use of Scopus across devices
- Improve accessibility to better enable access to people with diverse abilities